Wednesday, April 25, 2012

Let's start at the very beginning

6 months after the flood tomorrow. 

I have spent half a year living in the aftermath of a flood - socially, economically, psychologically and physically.  180 days of my life, and I'm sure there will be many, many more.

Monterosso is amazingly, miraculously fine- though it is hard for me to say we are totally and completely "rebuilt" as the Cantina has yet to open.  When we do, with thankful smiles and a huge sigh of relief, then I can really fully feel that "normalcy" that everyone is talking about feeling again.
Rebuild Monterosso, the website we American women in town have been working on since the disaster, has taken on a new meaning as we are more or less rebuilt and totally ready and eager for the tourist season. 

Rebuild Monterosso, something that has connected me more to the little community that has me completely enamored and thrilled to call my new home, has a new opportunity to turn into something else, and today we have started that.  Along with updating the progress of the community, we will weave in posts about the history of Monterosso, the tales and stories of this fragile yet dramatically beautiful corner of the world perched in a seemingly impossible way over a sea.  We will share food, culture, hidden corners and stories that hopefully, will help our many visitors pause and realize just how incredible and special this tiny village is.

Read the first post here.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment