But, from www.rebuildmonterosso.com, here is what your donation goes towards, and what's going on...
"The administration of the township of Monterosso is diligently working towards restoring the social and economic life of the village.
The immediate concern is to restore the town to a point where the residents will be able to return to their homes comfortably. Already utilities of primary necessity have been reactivated. Most of the village now has gas (for cooking, heating and hot water), telephone service, electricity and drinkable water in their homes.
In the coming weeks, efforts will be concentrated on the following projects:
- Reactivating the Volunteer Firefighter’s headquarters
- Cleaning and opening the Senior Citizen’s Activity Center
- Securing and reopening of the preschool as well as the street that it is located on, Via Gioberti
- The extreme renovation and reopening of the middle school, as well as securing the containing walls that surround the school complex
- Restoring the sports field on the new side of the village
- Rebuilding the playpark and gardens in Piazza Garibaldi
- Replacing the greenery, street lights and public benches in the historic center, all of which were washed away during the flood
- Reactivating immediately the public medical clinics
- Cleaning and making available the public exibition areas located within the town hall building.
These are just some of the projects that your donations will go towards- each one of these listed above will benefit every resident and many will benefit visitors as well.
Obviously a great deal of money will be needed to complete these and future projects. Therefore, every donation, large or small is important- both in the financial support of the village, as well as the moral support of the population."